Thread: PRS-650 Sony "forgets" pdf titles?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Sony "forgets" pdf titles?

hello,

not entirely sure I should post this at the Calibre forum. Anyway, it here goes:

after backing up and formatting my Sony PRS-650 due to file error (one of the memory cards, I guess) I stored back all my articles and books on it....

...(the back-up: I didn't use the Calibre folder, I copied and pasted all the files into a desktop folder + copied them back after formatting it)...

...both the titles and the author's name of all my PDF articles appeared correctly on both Calibre and Sony before the format (I had to amend most of them one by one through Calibre after saving them for the first time on the Sony - because either Sony or Calibre did not often show the title and the author but other metadata, for some reason)...

...now, after the format, I'm back to square one: most of my PDF files (on both Calibre and Sony) do not display the "correct" metadata (or the one I want/amended). I had a look at the Calibre folder (untouched during the format and back-up) and realised that whatever I originally amended through Calibre was ignored and the articles stored in the folder carry the metadata Calibre (or Sony?) assigned to them...

...sorry about the wordy post and if this has been dealt with elsewhere (couldn't find info) - I'm not a tech savy but would like very much to prevent this from happening again in the future...

can you plz help? thanks!
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote