View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
Yes, all the ebooks are downloaded to my computer first - I have both desktop and laptop. But any program or updates that are larger than -say- 2-4 Mb, are going to take too long to download and end up with small corruptions. I tried twice to download Calibre at home, no go. Finally had to take my laptop to the library. The laptop is great -but- I really want something I can just toss in my shoulder bag and go.

Internet choices are few - I'm using AT&T mobile and we're right on the edge. I'm lucky if I catch 3 of 5 bars (dBm on a good day is -79, mostly -83, -85) Yes, that's a minus...
Satellite is still too expensive here for me to justify (to myself, anyway).

Yes, it's my choice to live in the 'boonies', but when we bought (probably before most of you were born), who knew that I've ever be enthralled with technology?

My Libre Pro (we have 2, actually) has been anything but fragile. Now that DOES get tossed in the shoulder bag - often without the sleeve. My cat even knocked it off the footstool onto the floor with no damage whatsoever. They aren't pretty! Probably the klunkiest ereader I've seen. But so far, it does exactly what it's supposed to -- carries my books and my music.
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote