View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygreq View Post
Hey there,

I was using my calibre library on a macbook and it suddenly crushed while I was uploading some files.

I restarted the mac and tried to open calibre, but the program become unresponsive. After a few failed trials I figured I should try on a Windows PC.

After failing to start the library there as well, I figured I should check the metadata.db file. That is when I realized the file had 0kb size.

So how do I recreate the library? The only thread that refers to this kind of problem that I found is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146839

The thing is I cannot load the library in the first place so I can restore it.

(I know that each file in the library has a metadata.opf file specially created for situations like these. How do I use this option to recreate my metadata.db file?)

Thank you so much for any input you may provide,
ygreq
Delete the file if Calibre won't run (at all)
Right-click the Library Icon on the Toolbar: Select: Rebuild
And wait until the Task Wheel reads 0. (You should see the complete List appear)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote