View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #18
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
Some of us want to control our environment because we've observed that the companies we do business with don't always have our best interest at heart.

Also, any information or control that any company has is available for an overreaching government to grab. And we KNOW the government doesn't have our best interest at heart.
You missed the second part of my post. Why not just turn off wireless? Why go through the troubles of host redirection and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The Kindle+3G device that I have is no longer "amazon's device" - it belongs to me now, I paid for it.

If you just want to read books, start with this one:
George Orwell, 1984

Beyond that, I will only say I believe it should be the owner's choice of if/when/what activity of theirs gets reported to someone else.
My own personal opinion and may not be shared by every reader here.
You don't have to condescend to me. I've read 1984 before and I know a bit about how the kindle works. My main question is: if you don't trust the device and don't care for the Internet features, why not just turn off the wireless?
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote