View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #112
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
The feature i would miss most in Stanza is the Black pdf background(inverted) in night mode.
for eg., goodreader allows the screen brightness to be dimmed. the background is still white.

Does anyone know if this feature is available in other readers?
i2Reader has a wide range of display options, which includes WOB - in fact you can customise to any colour (e.g. light yellow on a dark blue background, etc). You have to go into preferences to make the change (not a single tap like Stanza, but at least it's there).

UPDATE: I have since found that formatting options are quickly available as follows: Tap once, and then tap on the up arrow (inverted V) at the bottom of the screen. Here you can adjust brightness and font size. Tap twice, and you can select from a range of previously defined display options.

It is a paid for eReader (£2.99), but after testing all the others I could find, and rejecting them, this is my Stanza replacement. It's not perfect and I am currently chasing the developer to fix a few things, but personally, I find it stands heads and shoulders above the others - and I paid for a few, like MegaReader, and was disappointed with all of them.

UPDATE I have now given up on i2Reader as they are not answering any emails and Apple refuse to do anything about it (the lack of support), so I am issuing a WARNING to stay away from i2Reader.

By contrast, I have discovered that the developer of MegaReader is actively working on meeting the requests of Stanza fans - see http://bit.ly/vCMqQi

Last edited by Wyndham; 11-02-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: WARNING
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote