Thread: Arc Discover - Useless
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Discover - Useless

Discover, I see, is not only intrusive, but it's utterly useless. For most items, you can't tell what they are or where they'll lead to (except for books, due to them having the Preview & price buttons to try and convince you to buy).

I know that I personally will NEVER click on "View Page" or "Listen" (or click through the book advertisements) because there is no way to tell where I'd actually end up and what would happen there (other than for books, of course, because I'm fairly certain Kobo wouldn't send me to Amazon to buy them...). The info panels really need to show full URLs and reveal what apps, if any, they will open.

EDIT: Oh, and nitpick - when the Discover item is related to something in my library and which hasn't been pinned to a Tapestry (and gods only know why I'd do that with a book or suchlike, anyways), it really shouldn't be saying "This item is related to something you've pinned."

Last edited by JD Gumby; 12-04-2012 at 10:49 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote