View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #17
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Please evaluate:
- side-loaded epub and PDF documents - full-function for fonts, ability to sync, restrictions on search or dictionary lookup, etc.
- add-in font handling. Apparently non-standard fonts don't get the Type Wizard functions, but do non-standard fonts at least get the ability to set margins, line-spacing, and fine-increments of size?
Added to the list on the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
How many basic fuctions are crippled when loading in an Epub rather than Kobo's proprietary kepub format. The KT, for example, couldn't even set bookmarks for almost a year after release.

Does the Kobo still need to be tethered to a PC to get it activated and working?

Does the Kobo now work out of the box, or does it still require a song and dance to create and log in a Kobo account before it does anything?
Your last two questions are now top of my list. I already have a Kobo account (created one after pre-ordering the Glo), so I need to ensure I remember to try working it without logging in first. Still, I wouldn't personally see this as a bad thing, especially given the openness of the Kobo platform.
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote