View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #46
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Edit: Thanks geekmaster :-) The following is a reply to Kraqh3d above:
Yep, that sounds about right. However, I did not manage to bring Yifanlu's rescue kernel into a mode where it exports the partitions as it promises. This is probably just me not having stumbled over the right bits of documentation. Kernel is at 0x00041000, that's right. You need Yifanlu's kindletool, too, in order to unpack the update package that Yifanlu provides for his kernel - you need to flash the raw uImage. (And probably, you need to rename it so it has a ".bin" suffix, since ATK knows more than one source format.)

I have been running ATK *only* in WinXP on VirtualBox, since I don't even have a non-virtual installation of Windows XP. I've planned to try on Windows 7 on my notebook, but will not get to do that before monday.

Last edited by hawhill; 07-07-2012 at 07:00 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote