Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #21
Sorraia3
Sorraia3 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-600
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

We are waiting for the factory to give us an accurate battery number and link. Shopping by the battery standard does little good. It is the three wires that throw us off. They have promised to respond immediately and I will post; but it sure does not look now to us like a simple cell phone battery as I thought it was. We will be exact.

Well? It's been two weeks. Do we have an answer on this yet or not?

This is the deciding factor on if I buy this ereader or not, so I need to know that these batteries will be replaceable locally with a name brand and I won't have to order some
Chinese crap from Astak every time I want a new one.

I've seen several threads about these damn batteries now and even a post from Robert saying the FAQ was updated 2 days ago and now has the battery info, but it doesn't, it just says to contact customer service if the battery it came with is no good. As much as I was hyped up to get this device I'm starting to get a little turned off and am back to considering Sony again.

Why is it so difficult to get a replacement battery name and part number? This should be simple, basic info for a replaceable battery, not a month long project.

Do I even dare to ask about the memory cards and case? LOL

Last edited by Sorraia3; 09-21-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Sorraia3 is offline   Reply With Quote