View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #33
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
bgalbrecht: I get that it worked for you and others and you bought the Nook for it but it did not lead to the sale of books for BN. So they sold a device but did not get follow on business and it is the follow on business that makes them money. So they made some people happy who were not going to spend money at their store. How did that help them?

The devices are not making them money, the sale of the books are.
I understand that. What I'm saying is that while the people who bought the nook because of the sd card reader may not buy as many ebooks from them as someone who doesn't use the sd card reader, we wouldn't be buying any ebooks from them at all because of their DRM that prevents us from reading their books on our readers. I've bought hundreds of books from them (albeit mostly daily deals) that I would never have bought if they hadn't included the sd card readers and I had bought Sony or Kobo instead.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote