View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Thank you for the feedback!

Hmm, tough call.

I want to read books.

I don't need to read PDFs, available RAM (and, by extension, usability of SD cards and so on) has not been a concern for me, so far. I don't take thousands of books with me (normally have about a hundred stored in my KK), so yes, while it might suck a little bit to scroll through multiple pages of books and then find what I need in "archive", the hierarchical structure (or lack thereof) also is not a big issue for me.

Taking notes on the M92 and drawing might be nice, but I might not need that. If it had a calendar function that could sync with my Lotus Notes, now that would be a killer application I'd go for immediately. But I guess for that I would have to use one of my tablets.

On the other hand, having free 3G and no hassles with converting books on the DX - that would be really nice. As I mentioned, I love my KK to death - with all its shortcomings, but the screen might be nicer if larger.

What might be an issue, however, is the inability of the Kindle DX to display other character sets, if my wife might wants to read Chinese books on it at some point in time (on the other hand, then she might prefer it over the iPad, which might pose a problem of a different kind for me). Size of the device is possibly another one.

The Kindle DX seems to be keeping its value well, from what I see on eBay in Germany they seem to sell at about the same price as lightly used M92s. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Maybe I get both and keep the one I like more. (Or maybe my wife kills me if I get already either of them. Wives seldom understand why it is perfectly logical to get multiple eReaders). So I'll keep watching the

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy_T; 01-09-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote