View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
So how does "unreleased beta software" get out there, pray tell? These people are stating that it appeared via automatic update, which should certainly be under Kobo's control.

If pirated versions are the issue, I'd say those who pirate it and load onto unsupported devices are on their own, and don't get forum support at all. The warning, in that case, is beyond the call of duty, IMHO.

I'm just hoping that by the time I can get a Mini in the U.S. things will settle down, stabilize, and actually work without obvious bugs for a while.

After all, we're not exactly talking about the level of difficulty of testing windows on every PC ever shipped. Kobo "owns" all the hardware and all of the software, and should be capable of making it work, along with the update mechanism.

Quote:
If you already have received 2.1.1 on your Kobo Touch device through the Desktop or over Wifi this is intentional and this build is safe for you to use on your device.
Or not, as the case may be...

Last edited by EldRick; 09-13-2012 at 12:17 AM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote