View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
READING PDF FILES ON THE SONY READER

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Say for example I want to add the ebook version of my Excel 2007 Bible. Nothing in color but there are plenty of figures in the book. Would that actually display properly? Would I need to convert the book first so that it's actually something that someone can read?
The Sony Reader does a good job reading PDF files especially when they are formatted for it. This forum just lists lrf files. Personally I haven't had much luck translating GP eBooks into lrf. Instead, I've been using WordPerfect X3 to make PDF files. WP Office X3 uses the Quattro Pro spreadsheet which can import Excel sheets and Publish them as PDF files, but most spreadsheets are formatted for 8.5 by 11 inches or for a computer monitor and don't really fit the pocket-book size page.

I like the way PDF looks on the Reader. I tried to convert a copy of Christmas Carol I formatted using WPX3 from PDF to lrf. The file bloated from a 500kb PDF file to a 13.5mb lrf file. In the process it lost its Table of Contents and most of the formatting. I guess I'm saying that PDF files work well quite well on the Reader if you format the document for it and pretty well even if you don't. It all seems to depend on how flexible the document about formatting.

I'll try to attach the sample Christmas Carol PDF. You can look at it using the Connect software or in Adobe Reader. PDF files seem to have several advantages and look OK.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A Christmas Carol.pdf (498.7 KB, 540 views)
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote