View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #168
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I'm in the same boat but there has been no announcement regarding a Kobo Aura release in Japan unfortunately. I really like my Kobo but there's really nothing special about it other than the extra screen real estate. In fact, in some ways it's actually much worse due to the high resolution. I suppose reading manga must be very nice but I don't really do that. All of the non-fiction books that I read have almost uninterperetable pictures because they're so small thanks to the small resolution of the photos themselves. I wish the firmware would allow for some kind of pixel doubling for pictures on the Aura HD.
That's publishers being short sighted, because in this day of high resolution phone screens and increasing tablet resolution, they should be including larger pictures. Frankly, I've also encountered books on my Sony T1 that have pictures that are too small, and then when you zoom, they pixelate badly. I don't blame my Aura HD, I blame publishers.

Any ebook I make does not have this issue, and good high-res pix look GREAT on the Aura HD, much more so than on my lower resolution readers.

Hopefully publishers will start to get complaints and update their books.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote