View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #123
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I feel that rich companies, like rich individuals, essentially get to choose how much tax they feel like paying, and I hope some of them are shamed into abandoning their avoidance schemes, but really I want a change to the law to level the playing field. It isn't fair to smaller businesses that can't afford to operate a tax haven HQ, or whatever the latest wheeze is. It's anti-competitive.

No representation without taxation.

That said, the reason I use amazon is because they are the best at what they do. I find it very difficult to abandon that, and I guess I'm not willing to do so. As a non-coffee-drinker, I found it a lot easier to boycott Starbucks.