View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioslaith View Post
I have noticed that of all the retailers (UK) that sell Kobo devices only one (Play) has the Kobo Mini/Glo available for order or rather pre-order at it states the release/on-sale date as the 1st November. A month exactly from official release and availability. There is probably some deal with retail partners that say they get the first option giving them the upper hand when it comes to sales. Suppose it makes sense. Frustrating for buyers but financial sound for those set to benefit financially from having an in on sales.

Only WHSmith seem to have the two new Kobo's available at official launch. Perks of being in a partnership deal. Maybe there aren't any retail partners yet in the US for various reasons. Kobo might be an unknown for a lot of retailers when they would seem to have a sure fire seller with big brand names like Kindle and Nook.
Just wish WH Smiths would sort out their stores, I'm going to head to a larger store at Westfield again to pick up my Glo end of the week (I'm a Kindle Keyboard owner), my local store in Ealing is big but has had none recently and it's previous Kobo range and lack of working demo units have been a joke, the less said about the Greenford store the better.

Play not having stock is rather odd as they are owned by Kobo's parent company and could potentially steal customers from Amazon if they really push their advertising before Christmas at Tube Stations ect.
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote