View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I don't exchange my real personal computer for nothing.

Thanks to so much propaganda in these forums favoring eInk devices, I've been tempted on and off to get at least a Kindle. But I don't really see any major benefit. Seems like a superficial gadget to invest, featuring as the only real benefit the battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Drag out my iphone for a bit of reading.

Fire up Stanza and get stuck into an Edgar Rice Burroughs omnibus gained free from Mobileread.

Five minutes of reading....enjoyable....

Minute 6 - SMS
Minute 7 - appointment reminder
Minute 11 - email notification pop-up
Minute 13 - Angry Birds!!!
Minute 14 - incoming phone call from lady wife...
We've done that jig already, right? Distractions are a part of everyday life, either SMS, videogames, TV, kids running amok while you're under your stereotypical kindle tree, birds singing etc.

It's up to you to ignore all of that if you wanna read. At least with a smartphone, it's as easy as uninstalling the damned Angry Birds and putting the network down with the touch of the Plane Mode button.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote