View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
As expected, it does not appear to come with Android Market access--no camera does that . I imagine it will be rooted soon enough to get that for folks who want it.
I'm confused, then. According to the Kobo Vox page on the Kobo site, which you linked to:
Quote:
Enjoy full and open access to Android

Surf the Web, email friends, listen to music plus easily access over 15,000 free apps!
The blog post announcing the Kobo Vox says the same thing:
Quote:
Consistent with our open philosophy, Kobo Vox offers full access to Android 2.3, and includes an open app store with over 15,000 FREE apps for Android.
Does this mean that Vox will have access to a Kobo app store and not the official Android app store?

I'm new to this whole tablet thing and easily confused.

Edited to add: 5thWiggle, I also have twins! 9 year old girls. They recently got iTouches, though, thanks to airmiles, so don't need another device quite yet.

Last edited by Suzanna; 10-19-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote