View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
Louisiana boy comin' in to say "Hey!"

Hey there. For the past two or three weeks, I've been interested in an e-reader.
Originally, I had my heart set on a Nook. But, then amazon decided they'd read my mind, and announce the Kindle 3! So, as of now, that's where I'm headed.

But, the reason I want an e-reader isn't really for reading novels and the like!
I like to read comics. I'd like to have a number of them RSS'd, so that I can stay updated. I'd also like to read the news. I don't have TV, so I don't watch news. But even if I did, I wouldn't watch it. All biased fools blabbering about. I'd rather look up a mostly-unbiased bit online. And even then, I can click the articles I want to read about. Not have to sit through an hour of blabbering just to catch one bit of interesting news!

Another reason, is I'm a college student who just moved from the dorms into an apartment. At first, I was jobless, so I had to spend very little on food. So I learned to cook! And I cook pretty much every week, and it'd be great to have a device where I can store thousands of recipes!

You're saying to yourself, "Why doesn't he use his computer!?"
It's a psychological thing. Computers are multifunctional devices. I'll go to do something productive... And then.... WHUPS FACEBOOK LOL.
Or some other thing. I get so distracted. The Kindle ISN'T a super multifunction device. It's good at reading things. I can't exactly boot up my AIM, YIM, or IRC and go to town on it! And I can't properly facebook stalk my friends on a kindle, either!

But, I may pick up some of the free books out there. I've always wanted to read Treasure Island. My favorite movie of all time is Treasure Planet!

But, if you guys know of a device (Doesn't have to be an e-reader!) that can meet my needs, do tell! I want the kindle 3 because of it's $140 price tag, it's insane battery life (Most LCD things don't last as long, a pity!), portability, screen size, and ability to RSS things (with the feedbooks application that's in development!).

Sorry for the crazy-long topic.
But, hi!
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote