Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
MAIN DEFECTS OF THE DR800S/SG DEVICE

So after a good period of using this device with the new beta2 firmware I think
I can state the two main defects of this device:

1) the way the user have to read the zoomed documents: you are forced to use the pen plus the flip bar to turn the pages if all the words of the page don't fit the screen due to the zooming level..
in this situation, I mean, you are forced to stay in panning mode, and this means that you can move the page with the flip bar but you have to use the pen over the arrows to turn the page.

2) the fact that THE WACOM IS NEVER TURNED OFF while reading any kind of document..
differently by the DR1000, where when you place the pen in its internal box the wacom layer get turned off thus preventing the battery drain, here the pen is always active, in any situation; but while it's obvious that the pen must be active during scribble, the main use of the reader by the point of view of time, is obviously just the one of reading..
and while simply reading the pen is of no-use.. so I guess that if an option to turn off wacom would be added the battery could last way more time..
(the fact the the wacom is always on can be verified by simply considering that in any situation the menu button and the arrows can be pressed)

I'm just curious to know what you think about those issues..
let me know..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote