View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffy View Post
I'd contact Kobo support if all your books were deleted when you were off-line. I've purchased one book from Kobo and have downloaded the free ones and have not had any issues reading them when I am not connected to the internet.
It actually happens when you touch "Logout" in the Kobo app, and they warn you what's going to happen if you do logout. Next time you start up, if you log back in, Kobo begins restoring your library and as long as I remained "Logged in" I could read my books even if I took the iPad itself offline.

I still like Kobo and I will contact their support. A sample of just two iPad books is probably too small a sample to be sure there is a general problem. But when I bought only two books and the TOC doesn't work in either one...well, it may have lead me to think the problem is bigger than it might be. This could just be a start-up problem.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote