View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
The cover is added in the online conversion process. You should NOT include a cover in the book, else you run the risk of having two of them (one full page, one with margins like any interior image) especially if you upload an epub to the KDP. The software seems always to suppress the first image in a book file otherwise, if it's close to the front.

This has been the case since last fall, when we had the option of including the "product image" or not. Then the option was eliminated, and the product image (separately uploaded) always becomes the included cover. It is however considerably compressed.
Oldpilot:

I'm sorry, that's incorrect--at least, it is for correctly-made books. I can't speak to Calibre-made books, about which I don't know enough to speak. At this time, if an ePUB or MOBI file is uploaded at Amazon, (yes, kids, this has nothing to do with Sigil) and a new cover is uploaded, it will simply overwrite the existing cover IN the book file. The whole "dual cover" thing hasn't been occurring for quite a few months. it was a glitch for about a month or so, but hasn't been occurring since at least late spring/early summer.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote