View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
They still read....

I wouldn't be surprised if the % the population of young people who read now was higher than it ever has.
Certainly my son's primary & secondary schools encouraged, with success, non-exam reading, and despite TV, video games, increased sports facilities available outside of school, etc..., I'm heartened by the amount of young 'uns who do usually have a book/reader with them at sports events , for example.

Only fairly late into this century was "universal literacy" an aim, and achievement, and although reading to exam purpose is crass, but necessary, a lot go beyond, and stick at it.
More parents now see it's important that their children read, and never forget what competition reading faces in this high-tech era.

You could say it's a miracle we still have any reading for pleasure ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote