Thread: Eco Reader Help
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd79 View Post

As where can I download the latest firmware for the Eco Reader?, the Eco Reader site just an email address to be added to notification list for new firmware updates.

Update: I tested the reader with a SD card (actually a micro SD with SD card converter) and it worked fine. Adobe DE detected the SD card and allowed me to authorize it and the ECO Reader was able to read the card and all the Epubs I copied to it flawlessly. Something dodgy with the internal memory of the reader?
I'm afraid I really can't help you with the ECO Reader connection problem, since I have always put ebooks directly on the SD card through an SD card reader. I've never had a problem doing it that way

So far as the firmware updates are concerned I think you'll find that you go on the mailing list automatically when you buy the ECO Reader, and they will inform you when a new update is available. There hasn't been an upgrade for a while now.

So far as I know my reader has the latest firmware, which is V2.20AU.091028.
Page 28 of the manual tells you how to check what firmware level your reader has.

Finally, CBell works for ECO Reader and is a member of MobileRead Forums, and has always been very helpful.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote