View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #92
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Okay, I'm back from vacation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysadhu View Post
... However, every time I finish selecting the sections to split off and edit the meta edit, the Calibre hangs while it is processing the new epub. The dialog box "Select Sections to Split Off" says "not responding". After a few seconds (e.g., 20 seconds), Calibre and the epubsplit dialog box returns to functioning normally. Is this the typical behavior of the plugin?
Glad you like it.

20sec seems a bit long, but as theducks rightly points out, it's going to depend on the size of the epub file you're splitting and the speed of (and the load on) your machine.

Splitting off one book from a 9 book anthology containing some 1.1 million total words takes my system ~15sec.

So I can't say 20sec is completely unreasonable.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote