View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
They're more formal documents, like B&N and the Author's Guild telling the DoJ how the settlement is going to affect their business or constituencies.
Gotcha. So why the push for everyone and their second cousin to send their "comments" to the address posted everywhere (including this thread) if formal letters from affected parties are going to be the only ones counted and collected?

And if they're not set up to handle large volumes of correspondence, how exactly are the DoJ limiting them to comments from formal affected parties only?

Are there special, super-secret-agent channels to navigate? Codewords? Handshakes? What?

Seriously, I know I sound facetious, but I'm truly curious. If they're really not equipped to handle correspondence in volume... then what was the process for weeding out the chaff from the oh-so-obviously-more-than-150-letters that have surely been sent their way?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote