View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #51
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You have so many options, SCION. You have a kindle, buy kindle books, and can use the kindle app. You have a Sony tablet and reader. You can use their app. Then there are the independents like Aldiko. You must buy kobo books from time to time, as well, or you wouldn't bother with their reader in the first place. If you are downloading them as ePUBS, you are golden on many different readers.

If your choice is to buy from Google and use their app, great. Enjoy it. In Canada a whole lot of their books seem to be more expensive than they are at Kobo, but it may be different in the US as I assume you aren't wanting to cut off your nose to spite your face.
I don't have a Kindle yet, the Touch wasn't released.

Yes, I can buy anywhere, remove the DRM and run it through calibre to get the formatting how I like it. Then use any app I please. I do that quite often. But sometimes I'm not able or simply don't want to at that moment. I'd like to download a book from a store and read it in that app, being able to adjust the format. It's a basic request. If I were an iPad/iPhone user I would be able to do so. I don't understand the excuses being made for Kobo. I could see if there were no Kobo Android tablet apps available. Such apps have been available for months. Just not in the Android Market. They won't even acknowledge the misrepresentation on their website and product video in the Kobo support forum. You get the canned answer, "The development team is working on it." WORKING ON WHAT?

Are you saying that because Canadians don't have that many options for books, that's why Kobo is dragging its corporate butt when it comes to the Android app in the Market?

Last edited by SCION; 11-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote