Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #1236
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
uhm... Thanks for responding, but... I'm afraid I don't understand how what you said relates to my question. I only restarted after trying to install the current JBPatch three times. It seems like the file is deleted as soon as I "Safely Remove" the Kindle. Of course since I'm not connected to it anymore, I can't tell. I was hoping that it would clear out any garbage when I actually restarted it, but I didn't see any difference in trying to install it the fourth time from the previous three.

I was trying to get JBPatch installed like I had on my Touch. The Launcher (whatever that is) was not part of the process, at least not that I was aware of. Is this something that is specific to the Paperwhite? From what I remember (and what I just read in the first post) all you need to do on the Touch is jailbreak, kindlet jailbreak and JBPatch. Done!

This time, not so easy.
Try this post for hints at what might have been different about your own process:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote