Thread: Saga of Recluce
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #36
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
My initial reaction is to read in written order. I can't point to specific instances, but there will be times when you read a passage and something just "clicks" from one of the previous books...you won't necessarily get that if read in chronological order.

I also think authors usually tell their stories in a particular order for a reason - even if that reason is subconscious - and I respect that.

Are you the kind of person that must read "The Hobbit" before "The Fellowship of the Ring" because it happened first? Or do you like the adventure of learning more of the history of characters you already know? When I meet new people I get to know them as they are now and (if I like them) enjoy hearing stories of their childhood to get a fuller picture of who they are... But that's just me I guess.

Cheers
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote