View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #50
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Cover view shows three books on first page of home page by default; bottom row is taken up with Amazon's suggestions.

If you turn off the Kindle Store under Parental Controls, Amazon's suggestions will be replaced by another row of book covers, so with that setting, you see six most recent book covers (or six collections, or a few collections / the most recent book covers, six items in total, if you have created collections and are in collections view).

Note: for personal documents / things you have sent to the Kindle yourself, the word "Personal" is displayed across the bottom of the book/document cover image, which may in some cases obscure the title of the book or the name of the author.

Also, while it's a nice option to have, it *is* naturally in black and white, which at least for me makes it at times difficult to actually see the cover images properly and tell the difference between several books (with somewhat similar covers) at a glance.

I'm currently using cover view, but I may switch back to list view eventually.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote