View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Yup definitely, I had always wanted a kindle since the 1st gen came out but affordability was an issue. Now that prices are more affordable, and sizes shrunk it has became possible for me to own my kindle I even contemplated getting one for my parents as they read alot after my own experience with the kindle 2.

As for the waiting time. I had a Kindle 2 for a short while right before the K3 was announced and I read 3.1/2 books on it and bloody loved it! I even managed to stop printing out class notes and making them into mobi files for kindle to use during class time. Mind you, I print up to 100 pages a week without the kindle, which I feel is such a waste of resource and money

I mainly sent it back because there were some cosmetic defect on my K2, plus I am kind of a sucker for new gadgets. It clicked in my head to return my K2 for a K3 when I saw the announcement about the perl screen and how compact it was. I was also sucked in by the book-light attached to the cover which K2 never had. At the moment I am missing the kindle 2 muchly and dearly hope that K3 would arrive around the 30-31st August.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote