View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsaa View Post
Thanks for your replies.

Hitch, I also do not like to stylizing poetry for EPUB, but I accepted because I thought that it would be nice to have some solution for others proyects. But I realized that may be I was wrong.

Jellby, actually I found that witt JavaScript it can be done, but obviously it won't work for EPUBs. In other hand, I found some neer solution and it goes like this:

Code:
p {
  font-family: Arial, Sans-Serif;
  font-size: 1.25em;
}

.wrap-cont {
  font-family: Courier New, Monospace;
  margin-bottom: 16px;
}

.wrap-cont p {
  background: url(../Images/corchete.png) no-repeat bottom left;
  background-size: 1%;
  text-indent: -100px;
  margin: 0 0 0 100px;
}
And:

Code:
<body>
  <div class="wrap-cont">
    <p>Some_really_long_command line "with parameters" "that just go on and on" " that should all be typed on one line" "but need to be wrapped for display and I'd like the text style to indicate that it has wrapped"</p>

<p>Some_really_long_command line "with parameters" "that just go on and on" " that should all be typed on one line" "but need to be wrapped for display and I'd like the text style to indicate that it has wrapped"</p>
  </div>
</body>
I do not know if it is a good idea to have this big bracket, or if it would be better smaller.

Now, the client only wants the opening bracket, he does not care the right-align. But as you can see, it does not display well, any suggestion?
Try with this style:

Code:
.wrap-cont p {
  background: url(../Images/corchete.png) no-repeat bottom left;
  background-size: 0.33em;
  text-indent: -100px;
  margin: 0 0 0 100px;
}
As you can see, instead of using a background-size of 1% I am using a size of 0.33 em. In my tests with Sigil worked fine.

Also you could use a .svg image instead of a .png and with "a space" on the right including.

Regards
Rubén

Last edited by RbnJrg; 10-19-2013 at 03:00 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote