Thread: Samsung Note 8
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #90
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Lisa at MobileTechReview has her review posted. She was only able to get 5.5 hours of run time in her tests. Much shorter than the iPad mini and Fire HD 8.9 according to her.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tabl...axy-Note-8.htm
Cnet is reporting 8.5 hrs, but in airplane mode and with a measured brightness.
Quote:
We evaluate battery life by continually running a movie file on the tablet until its battery dies.

We set each tablet to Airplane mode and adjust its respective brightnesses to 150 candelas per square meter (cd/M2) or as close to that number as possible.
Interesting to note that the Note 8's maximum brightness was tested at 458 cd/m2, where the iPad Mini and Kindle Fire HD were 399 cd/m2 and 394 cd/m2. I found 50% brightness almost painful in a normally lit room though it would probably be fine in a brightly lit room ( note to self - try 100% outdoors. ). I keep it to about 18-20%.

Just a personal example of battery life (this is before any full discharge cycles, so the meter may not be fully calibrated!) - I fully charged before setting up and spent 6 hrs with the screen set to always on. Wifi was on the full time and I down loaded 5.67Gb of apps and media from the internet and my NAS. The battery read 44% when I shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Go into settings and S-Pen, change the setting for battery save, that will make it recognize s pen even if the original is in its holder.
Thanks! That setting isn't on my Note1, so I missed that.
K to you

(Oops - Need to spread some more Karma before I can zap you again, so Virtual Karma in the mean time.)

Last edited by 5thWiggle; 04-23-2013 at 08:14 AM.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote