View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #851
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris4Perl View Post
Hello Tombe and others,

One technical task which I have not yet solved is the fact that MobiPerl brings along its own copy of the Palm module which actually is on CPAN. As far as I know the reason for this is, because some changes to this module are made. It would be very nice if this changes could go to the official Palm module (if this makes sense), so that the design on CPAN would be more clean, meaning no local copy of the Palm module. If somebody (e.g. tombe) can give any advice in that I would be grateful.

Regards
Boris
One change that would be welcome to the Palm module is a built in function to swap Unicode and UTF-8 characters for their identical extended ASCII equivalents for output to Mobi format. For English text there's no reason at all to be using Unicode but there's a ton of HTML e-books using it, especially for punctuation.

Anyone who needs a substitution list, I have one. I also have a program someone wrote to do substitutions of text strings in any plain text file. It's a bit buggy, can only handle a certain number of swapping pairs in its list. I have the C# source code if someone wants it.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote