View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
mad5427
mad5427 doesn't littermad5427 doesn't litter

Device: Color Nook
Noah. I just used Jomic. I load the cbz file and then click on the convert option under the file tab.

I choose pdf, I keep the current image format, I make sure that the check box for limiting page size is turned off and then I choose a target folder.

You can actually batch convert by adding all your cbz files in that convert window. It'll just do one at a time and the pdf will have the same name as the cbz file. It seemed to keep the exact same quality.

I loaded a few of the pdf's and opened them on the NC and they looked great in portrait mode. One page at a time. You can swipe zoom in and out as well. To go from page to page on the pdf you swipe up. The pdf pages seem to be in a top to bottom format. Not sure if that can be changed, but it was no biggie. Just swipe up go to page 2, 3, etc. In landscape, it still showed only one page at a time but was fit to screen. You can zoom in nicely there to get about the top third of a page at at time and just scroll through the page as wanted.

Comics look amazing on this. They really do.

Jomic is free and I use it to read comics on my computer and it works very well to create the pdfs to bring over. I'm very very happy with how it reads the pdf's. I hope somebody is looking further into a comic app that actually reads the original cbz's or adds side swiping functionality or doubple pages in landscape mode.

But, right now, it works pretty perfectly as is.
mad5427 is offline   Reply With Quote