View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #21022
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Currently reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I really liked Generation 18. It was an interesting story set in a future time period and in an unusual (to me) location. It's late in the 21st Century (my guess is about 2070) in Melbourne, Australia. Also there are interesting characters and they live in an interesting society not that different than our western society of today. There are only 3 books so far in this series, which only leaves me 1 book to go so I really hope that there'll be more of them written and published.

Next, Going Dark (Silo 49 #1) by Ann Christy. Hugh Howey talks in the below quote about this book on his web site, including links to it on Amazon.
Quote:
Silo 49: Going Dark (Ann Chsilo49risty) silo49

Silo 49 has never had it easy and things have just gotten a whole lot worse. Graham, the head of IT, has done many unsavory things in his life but everyone has a line they won’t cross. He just found his. With only his best friend, Wallis and a dying electrician, Grace, to stand by him, he is left with one clear and final choice. Does he do what is right or what the rules say he should? It is a race against time for the trio against the impersonal might of Silo One. Their only choice? Going Dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Oops! I forgot to mention that Going Dark is currently a freebie on Amazon.
Going Dark was a treat!

Now back to another October Daye story, An Artificial Night (October Daye #3) by Seanan McGuire!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote