View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfo View Post
Hello
Recently I have been trying to update firmware on my Boox device from version 1.7.20120402 (stock one) to 1.7.20120607, which I would assume is the most up to date as of now. Having successfully uploaded the .zip archive on my SD card I rebooted M92 with the card inside while pressing the joystick, as said in the instructions. However, instead of starting the upgrade, Boox shows the default boot screen with a line at the bottom that reads: "Update request received. Searching for an upgrade..." for a few seconds and then boots the device as it normally would, with the loading bar at the bottom and all. I know there already is a similar thread here on the forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175658), but my device, unlike the one described there, continues to boot. Should I return my Boox to the vendor right away, as recommended in a discussion under the above link?

EDIT:
It came out to be plain and simple. I have to use firmware that is produced by the reseller of Boox in my country.
Hi,
I guess you bought your device by Arta Tech (onyx-boox.com) ?
They don't allow to install our free updates to their hardware (because of some licence agreements with IVONA), so you have to wait for their updates.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote