View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #36
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy65 View Post
How is the web browser on the kobo vox?
The Web Browser is a standard Android one - nothing fancy, but it works. The device can be a tad sluggish when there's a lot of active content like Flash on the page though... but again, that's pretty standard too. At least unless you've got a dual core device with hardware acceleration for the browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grepknob View Post
Here is my problem, I bought my first Kobo Vox at Futureshop, set it up, it did its upgrades no problem. The thing was the battery monitor had a question mark on it, and when I checked in the settings it could not see the status of the battery. Also I copuld not power it off. I would hold the button for 20 seconds and it would stay on. I decided to return it, so I wiped all the settings it came up with a message that I had a low battery and had to plug it in to proceed.

Anyway I returned it and got another one.
Odd. I had that too - Tier 1 support couldn't figure out what was happening either, so I took it back. Looks like it's not just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
That or the new 8" Archos.

I was hoping the head phone connector would let me us a head set with microphone.

Well, such is the nature of the econo tablet.
Yup. Not bad for $200, and at least they can sell it up here unlike the Kindle Fire. We'll see how well that device runs - the screen on this one's impressive, at least. Can't wait to try it in sunlight tomorrow.

Last edited by Haesslich; 10-29-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Corrected Dollar Figure
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote