View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #207
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Thanks Bob.

We feel weird using Roku ... let me explain ...

We have so many channels and so many recorded shows (which honestly, we don't watch or can keep the pace) that knowing we can't watch those anymore, feels weird.

I bought the Roku yesterday at 11am, Sunday. I made it home, configured, and unplugged the UVERSE box. Because I paid the whole months a few days before, I would like to wait a bit before cutting services for good. But when was 6pm CST, my wife asked me about 60 min, the CBS show. I said, but we watch it sometimes ... she replied ... yeah, but now we will have to wait, we can't watch today's episode.

What was funny is that she missed the previous one, and the one before, and 1 hr later, the most recent one was also available via Roku.

We're so accustomed to have hundreds of channels that we never watch that now we feel like we're missing something.
you're not missing anything. we have just the "basic cable" literally meaning the cable comes off the wall without any converts or cable boxes..i dont like clutter and tons of boxes in general. with that its $65 per month but i have 4 sets so i guess it ok but even with that we only watch like a handful of channels that you can count on your hand. we don't even watch our local channels either except when we see a storm for storm warnings. unfortunately hgtv does not send out signals for tornado warnings in our local area...........
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote