View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #16
MrHatandClogs
MrHatandClogs doesn't litterMrHatandClogs doesn't litter

Device: Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenhk View Post
Hello,

I first received the notice on my Literati to download the new update at 6:30 this evening. It is now after 10pm and I've downloaded the update over a dozen times now yet it's still coming back up with the same message to download the available update. Was it suppose to start back up by itself? because I had to turn it back on everytime except for one time, thinking yeah! This is it! But no, the message came again, that was two hours ago.

I held the button down for restart and a column of little lines went up the left hand side of the screen then the screen went black. I let go but nothing happens. I even did the reset on the back. But of course, didn't help either.

Please tell me I missed something really silly, like an actual "Restart" button on the keyboard but, like the story of my life, the sticky on mine fell off so I didn't even know about it.
There is no restart on the keyboard. [s]And, no it won't start back up by itself.[/s]I take that back, after the new update as of 1/22/11 it does restart itself.

For me it just downloaded the update, then installed the update then shutdown. And, I waited a few minutes, then turned it back on and it was updated.

And if this was the first time updating there will be two updates. One that goes pretty quick, probably like 45 secs to a 1 min. And the second update is longer, probably at least 4-5 min.

I haven't heard of it not being updated after it shuts off, or the lines to black thing you said.

I would say maybe if you don't have a very strong wifi connection this could be causing the problem, but it's unlikely.

If you can't get it to work, I'd advise calling Literati Tech Support via literatireader.com support page. They are very helpful, and you actually talk to a person. Call them and see if they have any ideas, and if not they may send you a voucher to exchange yours for a new one.

Last edited by MrHatandClogs; 01-22-2011 at 03:37 AM.
MrHatandClogs is offline   Reply With Quote