View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #29
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I voted "other" because I no longer care what she thinks about ebooks and have given up waiting for them. I will not buy the paper books either, I bought a ebook reader to avoid the space needed and won't start doing so just for the HP books.

If they had been available in ebook then she'd have got a complete set of sales from me. Instead I'm just going to borrow them from a friend. (Not that anyone will care about a lost sale, not even pocket change)

In time I think most authors will realise the ebook market is split between those who will buy paper books when needed and those who will only ever buy ebooks. As the market grows that proportion of ebook only books will eventually reach a significant enough size that authors will no longer be able to ignore ebooks if they wish to be a success.

Quote:
She just wants to be in control of the user experience. A lot like Apple in that way (and MS in their upcoming Windows Phone Series 7). Consumer response seems to play this out as well.
Users want different things. Some want paper books, some want ebooks and others want neither of those, they want pictures and sound. Should she have held off licensing movie rights because she wanted people to read the paper books instead? Why are ebooks any different. Is she's worried about quality, pick a good format and release in that.

Last edited by JoeD; 03-22-2010 at 09:33 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote