Thread: Nook UK
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
They do seem a bit dear for some of their new books (A Blink of the Screen, Terry Pratchett £20 compared to £9 at Amazon, The True History of the Blackadder £19/£10 etc). But for most they seem pretty comparable.

I took the first four books from 'channels' and 'books under £2.99' on the Nook page, and apart from the Lee Child book you already listed, they are all the same price on both Nook & Amazon. Clearly they are pretty expensive for some books, but not all, most are pretty much the same price. To be honest, I that to be the case with most UK retailers compared to Amazon, which is why I've been starting to buy some books from BooksOnBoard instead (and just converting them for reading on my Kindle), as they are occasionally cheaper.

Trust Your Eyes - Linwood Barclay
Buy Now £9.99 same price at Amazon (& BooksOnBoard)

The Litigators - John Grisham
Buy Now £4.99 same price at Amazon/BOB

A Wanted Man - Lee Child
Buy Now £19.81 £8.07 at Amazon £5.77 at BOB

The Vanishing Point - Val McDermid
Buy now £8.49 same price at Amazon/BOB

One Night with a Hero - Laura Kaye
Buy Now £1.91 same price at Amazon £1.14 at BOB

Only the Innocent - Rachel Abbott
Buy Now £1.99 same price at Amazon (NA at BOB)

His Every Defense - Kelly Favor
Buy Now £1.91 same price at Amazon (NA at BOB)

London Calling - James Craig
Buy Now £1.99 same price at Amazon £4.10 at BOB!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote