Thread: Column Creation
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Hello.
Now I have pondered on my needs but was still unsuccessful in implementing them.

I have 'Awards' column, comma separated text (at the moment).
I would like to get colored title if:

Won Hugo or Nebula - orange
Won one and nominated for another - chocolate
Hugo, Nebula Nomination(s) - goldenrod
Won some other award, but no H or N - sandybrown
Nominated for some other award - lightsalmon

I was able to get colored title, if 'Awards' field is filled, but typing 'Hugo' into last field gave no results.

1. What type column works best?
2. What should the entries look like? (Win Hugo 1975, Nom Nebula 1975, Decade's Best #3 1981?)

If I'm looking at the nominated book, I'd like to sort somehow so that I can easily see what it was up against.

Next I'll ponder about Quality column...

TIA
What 'rule' takes precedence if more than one for a title? the field can't be chocolate,goldenrod,sandy,salmon

In your example: Hugo may have failed because your 'value' was "Win Hugo 1975" and you probably tried 'contains'
Try 'has pattern' Hugo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote