View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdave View Post
I bought a nook wifi. I went to my local library which has free wifi.
The nook detected it and accessed it (I think).
I repeatedly got the message "registration failed try again" or call support number. error code c6120. The phone number auto reply was - my call was important but they couldn't handle now call later - which got same result.
I changed the profile page from nook wifi to local wifi - same result.
It has software ver 1.4.3.
I am thinking I'm going to take it back and tell the store clerk to make it register. I have a BN acct with a US shipping and billing address.

Any suggestions? Has anyone registered their nook from a Cdn wifi spot?
You can test if you have a working Wifi connection by using the Nook browser to go to a website. If you cannot lookup a website, you do not have a working Wifi connection.

The following info comes from the B&N Nook board admin:

If you are receiving an 6120 error please do the following:

This should fix your connection issue:

1. Tap on the WiFi tab.

2. Tap on the Wi-Fi hotspot

3. Tap on the connected Wifi (the one that has the check mark)

4. Tap on Forget

5. Reboot your NOOK (Hold the power button down for about 20 seconds. Then hold down the power button for about 4 seconds to restart)

6. Scan again for Wifi hotspots and then reconnect.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote