Thread: PRS-T2 To rupor: Enable ADB
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
Why 0x70308000? Isn't 0x00500000 the entry point? (OTOH, the end of the reader partition (mmcblk2p4) would have to be 0x74C08000.)
Well, this is the address in RAM, so the flash offset doesn't matter. Why that particular address? I dumped the parameters of the original ramdisk image, and copied them.

Quote:
Is there a tool to make a new Boot Env nboote.bin? If not:
  • The first 4 bytes are a checksum? Calculated by what method?
  • What is the meaning of the changed parameter 0x290 (from 0x1F4) in
    Code:
    mmc read 2 ${loadaddr_ramdisk} 0x2800 0x290
If there is documentation available somewhere, a link as reply would be appreciated as well.
I modified u-boot's fw_printenv/fw_setenv to allow working on a regular disk file (as opposed to going directly into the flash, which is what's normally done). Not sure the exact format of the environmental block, but you are probably right about the checksum. See the sources of u-boot to be sure. The environmental parameter that I changed had to do with length of the flash ramdisk image to be loaded into the RAM. Sony had specified very tight 0x1F4 blocks, we increased it to 0x290, since we added some files into the ramdisk, and it became bigger.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote