View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Tablet
Question Dazed and Confused - Corrupted DB/"Lost" Books

So out of the blue (or so it seemed to a newbie) I got a message about corrupted files and did I want to attempt to restore my DB. Well, yeah. So I punched the option, "Duh, sure, let's do it."

After many hours (12? More? Dunno. I gave up and went to bed), the following message appeared:

calibre, version 0.9.14
WARNING: Success: Restoring the database succeeded with some warnings click Show details to see the details. The old database was saved as: E:\Ebooks\CalibreBooks\metadata_pre_restore.db

Failed to restore the books in the following folders:

The unrestored books appeared to represent 407 MB, 1200 files, 549 folders, maybe upwards of 400 books. And also were in the beginning alphabetically of the calibre folders - like up through "Adam Robert."

Okay. So far my questions were: (1.) Sweet Mother of Pearl! Why did this happen? (2.) Does this happen often? (3.) How should I go about restoring my 400 books.

But then I open calibre and discover that my former total of approx. 60,000 titles is now down to 36,566. This isn't fun. I've dried my tears now, but I'm not sure what I should do next.

Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote