View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Matsendrasana
Matsendrasana began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This statement just isn't accurate. As I stated above you never loose the ability to edit your files. I frequently edit my epub books and my cover images using the Open With plugin.
Thanks. If I understood correctly this plugin allows me to open LibreOffice from Calibre? However, I don't want to store my work in Calibre's opaque and arbitary directory structure. I feel it is made for static files, but is not flexible enough for autors.

For example, I use Asciidoc a lot. With Calibre I am supposed to put my projects (with dozens of input text files and images) under the library directory, just to help Calibre see the PDF/EPUB/HTML output Asciidoc generates. This makes no sense. Some documents are part of software projects I work on (under .../prj/path/to/project), others are just articles and other text (under .../doc/texte/, .../doc/thema/ etc.).

Not to mention the fact that the portable version requires everything to be on the stick...

Finally, it should be no problem for Calibre to store references (pathnames) in its database, and, if they exist, re-read these files at startup.
Matsendrasana is offline   Reply With Quote