View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #80
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I'm betting the battery life of the Glo & Paperwhite will be very similar. The two measures Kobo have given (over 1 month and 55 hours continuous use) seem to me to be two different things. Yes e-ink means the battery is only used on page turns etc, but any battery will drain to an extent even when sitting idle. So the 55 hours continuous use doesn't equate to nearly two months at an hour a day - more like just over a month, which is what Kobo have stated.

It also seems likely that Kobo have just chosen not to fall in with the rest by changing the daily usage time to make the battery life sound better. Kobo, Kindle, Nook, Sony, they are all pretty similar in terms of battery life.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote