View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmithBooks View Post
Is there any way to read .txt or .html ebooks on the very cheap and simple older style phones (like the ones sold in CVS, Dollar General, etc. -- cheap, basic disposable phone) ? Many of these phones can receive emails, right? So is there a way to read with them?

I'm vaguely aware that jar applets exist but beyond that, know nothing about these types of phones...and I'd like an easy, no hassle solution if one exists.
Assuming the cellphone has a mobile browser at least, what I did was send books (in txt or html format) to my Yahoo mail account (Gmail didn't exist yet) and just read the books via the built-in web browser (and later, on Opera Mobile).

As for a smartphone, both Android and iOS can render actual ebook formats quite decently. I don't know why you'd want to suffer reading a plain text file but either OS should be able to handle text files with ease. Personally, I prefer Android over iOS.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote