View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
thingumybob
Junior? JUNIOR?! OK :-)
thingumybob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Talking PowerPoint to PDF - Switch off autorotate!

If you want to read your PPT files in PDF* on a reader this trick will almost certainly help. I was going crazy trying all sorts of resizing etc. to get my PPT>PDF conversion so that on my Sony PRS 600 it was displayed in full landscape and not squeezed across the page. Finally the answer was simple (but it took a lot of head-scratching). Switch off any page auto-rotate option your PDF converter may have because it seems that it is this that forces the PDF conversions of PPT to be viewed across a page! In PrimoPDF this is really easy. Print as usual to PDF using PrimoPDF (no need to change any settings - just do what you normally do). When the printer driver opens up select either the "Screen" or "eBook" options (screen gives smaller files). Then select "Options/Creation/PDF settings". There switch off the auto-rotate option (no cross). That's it. Now print and I promise you'll get the full glory in landscape of your PPT/PDF files! (autorotate can also be switched off in PDFCreader, although it is much more fiddly - however I think you can save the results to an alternative Profile for easy later use).

* The other option is to convert each page to a JPG file - I find Polestar Virtual Printer to do an excellent job, with small file sizes for each image - then view the pages using the image viewer on the reader (you may need to add a zero - e.g. 01, 02 - on the first 9 images so that they view in order)
thingumybob is offline   Reply With Quote